- The following is a brief overview of several projects I have been involved with on COVID-19.
- Some are research focused, some are more operational.
- I’ll describe each project very briefly. I’ll pause after each one so we can discuss.
- Slides here: https://www.andreashandel.com/talk/
Assessing the impact of a symptom-based mass screening and testing intervention during a novel infectious disease outbreak: The case of COVID-19
- China and other countries used a mass screening and testing intervention (MSTI) approach.
- If MSTI overloads the healthcare system, and especially if conditions in testing facilities are not safe, this could lead to additional transmission.
- What are the benefits and risks of MSTI and under what conditions is it a good strategy?